This post is to help people who are asking “Am I Trans?” decide if they are trans.
To oversimplify, there are mainly five kinds of people, regarding being trans:
- Clearly cis: They generally don’t ask such questions.
- Cis by default: They don’t have a strong gender identity. Many of them have trouble understanding the issues faced by binary trans people. Both cis and nonbinary may be acceptable labels to them.
- Non-binary: People who ask “Am I Trans?” are probably nonbinary.
- Mostly-binary trans: Both trans and nonbinary may be acceptable labels to these people.
- Binary trans: Provided they have realistic information about trans people, and not the negative stereotypes spread by many news sources, binary trans people generally don’t have doubts about their being binary trans.
Besides these, there are genderfluid, bigender/trigender and other possibilities for gender.