So you are an asexual person looking for a relationship/friends/whatever. How is OKCupid better than, say Asexualitic.com?
- OKCupid appears to have more asexual people than Asexualitic
- Many asexual people are not aware of asexuality. They are on sites like OKCupid, but not on Asexualitic
- You might be willing to compromise on sex
- You might be looking for an open relationship
- You might be looking for friends
How to find asexual people on OKCupid?
- Answer the asexuality-related questions, and mark them as high priority
- I’ve located most of the asexuality-related questions
- Do not mark any questions unrelated to asexuality as high priority
- Do not mark too many asexuality-unrelated questions as medium priority either, use low priority instead
- Do not restrict your acceptable answers too much—this tip applies to non-asexual people as well
How to check if you’ve gotten it right?
- Your match with asexual people should be 80%-100%
- Assuming your answers are self-consistent, you should be able to find people with a match of atleast 95%, in liberal strongholds like San Francisco, Seattle and Toronto
List of asexuality-related questions. Use the first column as your answer, and the second column as answers acceptable to you. To locate these questions, visit some asexual user’s profile, like that of SwankIvy.
- 2 2 Are sex and intimacy the same thing?
- 1 123 Could you be in a relationship with someone who had been previously sexually abused?
- 2 2 Do you believe that regular sex is necessary in maintaining a healthy relationship?
- 1 12 Have you ever seriously questioned your sexuality and whether it was different from what you first assumed?
- 3 3 How do you think your sex drive compares to what is typical for other people of your age and gender?
- 3 23 If you had to choose one of the following, which best describes the role of sex in your life?
- 4 4 Once you’re intimate, how often would you and your significant other have sex?
- 3 34 Say you’ve started seeing someone you really like. As far as you’re concerned, how long will it take before you have sex?
- 2 2 Which is better: sex without sleeping together or sleeping together without sex?
- 1 1 With respect to sex drive, which of the following has created problems in your prior relationships?
- 1 1 Would you consider dating someone who has no interest in sex and experiences no sexual attraction to either gender if they were otherwise perfect?
- 1 1 Would you consider dating someone who plans to remain celibate indefinitely?
- 1 1 Would you consider dating someone who wants no sex for at least two years into a relationship because they were sexually assaulted or raped?
- 1 1 Would you date someone who was looking for true love – but no sex, at all, ever?
Since 2014, OKCupid has Asexual, Demisexual, and some other GSRM/LGBT labels.
Happy asexual dating!